The answers come partially from the EPA's request for petitions from several organizations.
As such, several petitions were entered by various groups, including:
- Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA)
- Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC)
- Institute for Governance & Sustainable Development (IGSD)
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Household & Commercial Products Association (HCPA)
- National Aerosol Association (NAA)
- International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR)
- American Chemistry Council’s Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI)
- Dupont and Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM)
Each of these groups had one thing in common. All their petitions proposed regulations to limit the use of high GWP refrigerants and asked EPA to enforce greater control over HFC emissions.
Trakref created this valuable chart for your reference in determining proposed EPA regulations over the next five years.